Re: Filters for velocity stacks

To: Kerry Seibert <ckchapel@fast.net>
Subject: Re: Filters for velocity stacks
From: Mark Haynes <haynes386@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 16:18:19 -0600
Craig et al,
    David Vizard did a fairly complete study on velocity stacks, as printed in
"Building BMC 'A'
Series Motors" and the upshot of his flow bench work was that the radius at the
end is the greatest determining factor in flow rates, not the length of the velo
stack. tThe length lends itself directly to the intake path length, which
affects the power at RPM only, NOT throughput (flow rate) . Per this treatise,
if your cam gives more horses at a higher RPM, you want a longer intake path,
and vice-versa.
    Just my condensation. My .02?- go with a velo stack that fits without major
modification, and is as close as possible to your expected HP profile-You could
Dyno it of course.
Mark Haynes