TR-4A: Fan mounting question

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-4A: Fan mounting question
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 08:02:19 -0700
     The fan mounting on my '66 TR-4A doesn't seem anything like the
illustrations in either Bentley, Haynes or the Moss catalogue.  In their
illustrations, the hub, pulley, hub extension and fan are all held on by a
3/4 " dog bolt that bolts directly into the crankshaft.
     In my car, the hub extension and what would be the dog bolt (about 1
1/4 in in diameter, with indefinite hex shape) seem to be a single solid
unit.  The only visible fasteners are the small nuts and bolts which join
the hub, pulley and hub extension.
     Has anyone seen an arrangement like this before?  If so, what is
holding the whole thing onto the crank?
        Thanks.
John Cowan

     Forward this review to a friend.  To subscribe, send email to:
jfcowan@pacbell.net.  Check out previous reviews at:
http://home.pacbell.net/jfcowan