driving shoes

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: driving shoes
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 23:02:57 -0000
i am in the market for a new pair of driving shoes(soon).  i am curious
about manufacturers who custom make larger sizes.  specifically size15 in a
velcro closure like the simpson "speed fit"(i believe it is).  i have a pair
of simpson's size 14 shoes and they are just a bit too small and were a "off
the shelf" purchase that have never really been easy to put on since they
are too small(read that narrow and a little shy in the instep).  does anyone
have any sugestions?   locating attire in my size is tough enough!  but
specialty attire in my size for racing is just way out of the main stream's
production.  so any "constructive" comments or direction towards a
manufacturer would be greatly apreciated.

chuck.