Teflon Tape & Trailer hdwe

To: <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Teflon Tape & Trailer hdwe
From: "Langsten" <Langsten@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:18:27 -0400
I've followed the threads here  (no pun intended ;-)) and feel it important
to insert some cautions!

Teflon tape functions as a thread lubricant first, and a sealant second. One
should not on hydraulic applications especially brakes! use teflon tape
abundantly. Under pressure teflon tape will migrate in the thread if used
excessively!!!
In my mechanical experience, which includes extremely high pressure
hydraulics (10,000 psi and higher), one single wrap in the direction of
thread rotatation is all that should be applied.
There are other teflon based sealants that are in paste form that are common
use in the hydraulics field, but I do not consider these to be automotive
use applicable.

Another source for brake line fittings and SS lines is Coleman Brakes
1-800-221-1851 or www.shorttrack.com/coleman

a great place for trailer hardware, Racer Wholesale, they have good prices,
quality hardware

Mario L.

Vintage Sports & Racing, LLC
Bow, NH 03304

1-603-774-5352

Servicing classics and specialty cars of distinction with care and
craftsmanship!