Re: The Oregon Trail

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Oregon Trail
From: "MalcolmCox" <malcox@sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 19:50:13 -0700
Actually, what prompted me down this path was the very nice green MGA
TwinCam at the Historics, driven by Jim Philion.
Initially he was having a misfire  problem and had a learning
experience from his customary Nascar to this (loaned) MGA., so it took
a while to get in the groove.
Then he went very well.

As I was chatting with him, the battery cover was off and I could see
a nicely engineered A-frame connecting the crossmember ( just behind
the seat ) to the differential housing.  Looked kinda old. Struck me
as a very nice axle locating device.
Not actually a Watts linkage, but presumably it served the same
purpose.
The possible Oregon connection was a possible vendor.

Thanks for the leads.

By the way, does anyone have a tape of the Speedvision  broadcast (not
live this year)?
Apparently, there was a short sequence of Diane in our MGA, #80.

Malcolm Cox