Re: ALFA GTV RACE CAR WANTED

To: <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ALFA GTV RACE CAR WANTED
From: borrani@att.net
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 20:54:51 +0000
Great advice, it may behoove you look at the rules of
the local vintage racing group in your area and purchase
accordingly.  As organizations tighten the existing
rules, you had better have a 1600 motor under your step-
nosed '67 or earlier GTV, as God (Arese) created them.

If rules allow, the '69 GTV with its 1779cc engine has
more oomph, but the 1600 is a wonderful motor, too.
Unless the 1750 car was expertly driven, I could keep up
with or pass them in my 1600 '67 GTV, they're a tad
lighter than the '69's too.  They make wonderful track
cars, either way.

Steve Schaeffer
Seattle, WA
SOVREN