Fw: astons, cobras

To: "Vintage list" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: astons, cobras
From: "Carl McLelland" <carlynneracing@home.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 12:37:34 -0800
To all of you on the Vintage Net, I'm in the process of "inspiring" one of
my life-long friends into writing memoirs of his Dads professional racing
career back in the 50's. Some of you "REAL" old timers may remember Bob
OKer. This will be his son, Bill, writing. This exchange is between Bill and
Mike Savin. Mike's Dad, Ed Savin, was one of Bob's sponsors back in the
50's. Bob first raced a Morgan for Ed, then attained phenomenal success in
an AC Bristol (21 starts----- 21 first's!!).

This exchange involves the 1956 and '57 Sebring race where Bob drove for the
Triumph factory, and also a reference to Bob's driving the Bristol, which
may have been a large influence on Shelby's choice of that chassis for the
Cobra. If you enjoy this bit of history let me hear from you, that I/we
might encourage Bill to keep writing!!!!!
    Carl