Re: Replacing Vehicle...Xmas present?

To: carlynneracing@home.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Replacing Vehicle...Xmas present?
From: LMR356@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 09:24:23 EST
In a message dated 12/22/00 1:54:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
carlynneracing@home.com writes:

> My idea of a perfect 4X4 is a
> Porsche 959!

Carl, et al....You got that right.. what a great 4x4!  Put it on your wish
list for Santa!

Some motorsports trivia:  "Wacky" Arnolt-Bristol actually started the real
"x"  terminology....as the Arnolt-Bristol VINs were stamped  404X3000... to
3141!  (142 total)   And of course, with their chassis being so distinctively
high off the ground...the Arnolt-Bristol was destined to also become the
early prototype for the new Porsche 4X4 SUV!

Believe it or not:  The super large killer magnet under the center of the
frame.....keeps my A-B "glued" to the track most of the time!   And
occasionally, I have been able to drive right over other British car debris (
usually broken axles, exhaust pipes) deposited on the track ....without even
touching the undercarriage.....so "Wacky's" and Bertone's design really
wasn't such a bad one afterall!  Ha!

Best racing to all of you for the Holidays!

Lee Raskin
Brooklandville, MD
Arnolt-Bristol ( yes... it is a British car of sorts)
and the 356ers.