Engine is disassembled - thanks for advice

To: Vintage <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine is disassembled - thanks for advice
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 21:02:15 +0000
After a tremendous amount of effort the engine is disassembled.
Thanks for all the advice.  For the ones that said petroleum product
wouldn't remove the old race oil it was true (for the most part).

I used heat sparingly in the bores and used plenty of Liquid Wrench. The
Marvel Mystery Oil wasn't effective even though it soaked for about 5 days.
I also would drain the cylinders and spray with carb cleaner over the last
couple of days.

At least I didn't have to break out the highly volatile materials.
Thinners, Acetone (the carb cleaner has some acetone), etc.

Thanks again,

Steve Silverstein