Re: Parts Washing

To: MalcolmCox <malcox@sonic.net>
Subject: Re: Parts Washing
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 17:22:22 -0800
I believe a viable alternative would be a used dishwasher. You can
also use bio-degradeable cleaners, such as Simple Green. If you have
a garage with a sink, you could easily install a dishwasher next to
the sink using standard plumbing.

If your sewage system can't handle having a dishwasher, then you're
probably on the right track. I'd scrape as much crud as possible off
manually, then use the Simple Green. A garden hose, a brush, goggles
and a rain suit sounds like the ticket in the meantime. ;=)

Solvent washers aren't that bad. Most of the solvent is recycled, and
it can be filtered. It's not highly volatile, and most of it stays in
the tank underneath. Not much of it evaporates.