FF for a 6'2" driver?

To: "vintage-race@autox.team.net" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: FF for a 6'2" driver?
From: Brian Mertz <bmertz@home.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:09:44 -0800
After 11 years driving a nice, roomy production car, I'd like to add a
Formula Ford to the Boondoggle Racing stable.  But the long-wheelbase
FFs I've tried on so far seem to lack sufficient fuel-cell-to-pedals
space for my (34" inseam) legs, even with the seat removed.  I don't
want to wind up sticking out of the cockpit like on Disney's Autopia
ride, either.

Any suggestions?

In a Titan Mk. 6 specifically, has anyone tried moving the pedals
forward substantially, perhaps by lowering or modifying the aluminum
tank so that the brake and clutch cylinders will fit over it?

Brian Mertz
A-H 3000 #88