RE: Lecture from Aunt Susan

To: "Vintage Race" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lecture from Aunt Susan
From: "James Gambony" <BritBits@tiu.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 21:23:14 -0600
Susan,

As a single male in the "mate market"... it's a bit of a bother trying to
explain my hobby to someone obviously not interested... or looking for the
glamor of a sponsor paid lifestyle.

As much as the traditional attitudes seem to be changing about what toys men
get to play with vs what women get to play with... one alarming trend seems
to be the "green" trend that's got today's youth brainwashed that cars
(especially old ones) are toxic demons that need to be eliminated quickly.

As to the Dale E. saga (not to make light of it, it's a sad day when any
racer is killed doing what they love), I explained to my newest friend that
rush hour traffic is more dangerous (and unpredictable) than what I do on
track.

Still not sure I convinced her though...

Cheers,

Jim
'76 Spitfire DM autocrosser
'61 Morris Mini "feaux S" vintage racer with custom 3 cylinder engine :-(
 (still wanting to get back on Texas World Speedway!)