Re: Differentials

To: "Bill Poff" <wpoff@bcpl.net>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Differentials
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 19:38:51 -0000
aw geez!  another pennsylvania hillclimb enthusiast!   run the locked rear!
the only thing that is going to get you is what hill would like what ratio
(with the few available to you).   you will have nothing but trouble with an
open type rear with the inside wheel lifting on hard corners like devil's
elbow at giants despair or the hard left hander at weatherly.  you might
benifit on the hard left hander after the s turns at rose valley too!
those turn are the ones that will lift the inside rear tire if you are
carrying enough speed into and through the corner.  have fun!

chuck.