Re: race cars and CA registration

To: Vintage Race <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: race cars and CA registration
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 16:31:42 -0800
I say don't bother with the DMV. A friend finshed up a long sob
story about the California DMV with the observation that for the
people who work there, thought equals pain. ;=) Anything you do
that makes them have to think about their jobs will cause them
pain, which they will revisit upon you tenfold. ;=(

As long as the car goes everywhere on a trailer, the DMV doesn't
need to know it exists. Ownership of such cars is transferred by
signatures in the back of the log book.

Simon