Trading in those dbCom paperweights...

To: <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trading in those dbCom paperweights...
From: "Peter L. Krause" <pkrause@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:43:52 -0500
Folks,
Haven't seen any on e-bay yet, but there is a better use for your
now-relegated-to-obscurity dbCom timing transmitter. While there are still
areas of the country and organizations that use dbCom (SCCA Southeast
Endurance Championship Racing series and in the Northwest, SOVREN), HSR and
soon SVRA (following the lead of the National office of SCCA) will require
the use of AMB transponders in place of the dbCom units. This means, for
shops like mine, I now need to find a place for the five dbCom transmitters
that I keep with the cars that I take to the track for other folks. I'm sure
there are other people on this list in the same boat.

For a limited time, both Central Florida Region SCCA and Washington DC
Region SCCA are offering , through AMB, a $65 "trade-in" for working dbCom
units. I believe North Carolina Region will follow suit soon, which is who
I'd rather benefit buying the new, required transponders from, but if you do
a simple search, you can find these folks and the form required to take
advantage of this offer. I found the following on the Central Florida
Region-SCCA website:

AMB is offering a $65.00 trade-in on working DBcom transmitter units. The
Region will handle the trade-in for you and allow the $65.00 trade-in value
off the purchase price of the AMB unit. If you wish to trade-in your
transmitter, send it along with your paid order.  You may also bring the
transmitter to a CFR event, however the discount will not be credited until
the transmitter is received by CFR. Traded transmitters must be in good
working order.

Good luck and if anyone wants to buy five good dbCom transmitters before I
trade them in, contact me privately, thanks.

-Peter Krause
www.krauseandengland.com - VSCCA Governor's Cup/VSRG Inaugural Race/Third US
Bugatti Grand Prix May 5-6 info
www.virclub.com - 2001 VIR Homecoming, featuring The Gold Cup Historic Races