Upcoming VDCA events - VIR

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Upcoming VDCA events - VIR
From: S800Racer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 22:33:26 EST
To all:

    The next VDCA event will be at Virginia International Raceway April
20-22.  This promises to be the best VDCA event of the year.  We are
expecting an excellent turnout of quality vintage cars.
    VDCA will provide two full 30 minute sessions of track time each day.
(Sunday warmup may be shorter)  Saturdays schedule will include a 60 minute
enduro for the Small Displacement group.  Sunday will include a unique "index
of performance" enduro that will allow cars from different groups to compete
on equal footing.  As always there is NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE TO ENTER ENDUROS.
By my count, Small-bore cars can have about 4.5 to 5 hours of track time for
an entry fee of $300.00.  You can't get that kind of value for your racing
dollar anywhere else.  On top of the track time and enduros, there will be
track parties for all entrants again at no extra charge.
    As all of you are aware, VDCA has already made the decision to allow the
Hoosier TD A70-13 in the production car groups.  The inclusion of the Hoosier
tire is part of a larger effort by VDCA to be more inclusive and dispel the
sometimes undeserved impression that we are overly strict about car
preparation.  Along the same lines, eligibility for all production cars in
VDCA has been extended to all cars built before 12/31/72.
    VDCA is also encouraging entries from cars that are prepared to standards
that are in the same spirit as VDCA's rules.  If your car is very close to
our rules but does not meet our standards 100%, we are encouraging you to
submit an entry.  As an example, we sould accept a car that meets all of our
preparation rules except that it is equipped with roller rockers.  Or it has
the wrong carburetors, OR it has coil-over shocks where it should have leaf
springs OR tube shocks rather than lever shocks.  We will not accept a car
with roller rockers AND the wrong carbs, AND coil overs AND, AND, etc.
    Cars accepted for VIR that are not in full compliance will run under a
ONE TIME EXEMPTION.  We will give all cars that are new to VDCA a thorough
tech inspection so that we can tell you what kind of changes you would need
to make in order to compete in future VDCA events.  If you want to enter this
event under the one time exemption policy, it will be a good idea to clear
your entry with the appropriate VDCA group representative.  If you clear your
entry with a group rep first, you will NOT be turned away after tech
inspection.  This will prevent anyone from showing up with something that is
not prepared in the appropriate spirit and being disappointed after they
arrive.
    Let me know if you have any questions about this event.

    Doug Meis - Small Displacement group rep.