Re: BFG tires

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BFG tires
From: borrani@att.net
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 20:01:42 +0000
Hey, I thought this was a vintage racing digest?  Why all
the suggestions for street radials!?
My GTA is strictly a vintage racer, won't be licensed for
the street.  Seattle has waaaay too much traffic for a
fun street car to be properly driven.
So, I'm only interested in R compound tires.  Yes, I
could have fun and slide in the more vintage spirit, and
there's a good argument for running skinnier, slicker
tires, but unfortunately, all of my buddies are on R
compound, and I do want to keep up with them.  Nothing
'brakes' like a sticky tire, and that's where I get the
competition.  We'll see how those Dunlop rear brakes hold
up in competition!  First race is April 21 at SIR.  Looks
like the car will be on 195/60-14 tires, however.

Cheers,
Steve S.
Seattle, WA