Re: Vintage Racing...it's only relative

To: Sadek Charles H DLVA <SadekCH@nswc.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: Vintage Racing...it's only relative
From: David Laver <David.Laver@MSDW.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:43:24 +0100
There are a handful of American terms I really like - describing a car as a
squirrel is one of them.  On the Isle of Mann they still have a public road
circuit.  Asking for advice on lines for corners and danger spots I was
surprised that is was the straights that gave problems - a car would jump three
feet left or right or bobble under brakes and all sorts of odd behaviour you
just don't feel at normal speed on a public road or on a smooth and flat
circuit.  'Grasshopper' was about right for many cars.  My undoing was the
camber down and out of a roundabout - fortunately spun without clipping
anything.