RE: tire choices

To: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tire choices
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 09:25:35 -0400
in my personal experience, bias ply tires are a lot more fun to drive on,
once you get used to sliding the car a bit.  Easier to get the correct
camber, too, bias ply tires usually like about 1 - 1.5 degree negative,
radial tires like closer to 2.5 - 3 degrees negative.  Worth perhaps double
the effective cost, once you factor in wear?  Tough  call, but I thought so
at the time.

Brian

At 02:43 AM 4/6/01 -0400, Larry Hoy wrote:
>The BF Goodrich tires have been discontinued, that's why they are
>cheap.  The "regular"
>price on those tires was around $138 plus mount, balance and any taxes you
>might have to
>pay.  That's probably a good price but what do you do when you need to
>replace one?
>
>Have you checked Kuhmos?
>
>Larry Hoy

Brian Evans