Forwarded: Undercoating

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: Undercoating
From: List Administration <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 21:49:22 -0600 (MDT)
For some reason, this was sent to me rather than vintage-race@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

     From: JLESNOWSKI@aol.com
     Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 23:36:19 EDT
     Subject: Undercoating

I am in the process of removing the crud from the underside of a '64 Alfa
Spider while the engine and transmission are in the shop.  Most of the
underside of the area over the drive train is down to bare metal and I need
suggestions for coating material and application techniques.  The sheet metal
is in good shape with no rust and should take most metal paints or coatings.
What a mess!  I can't believe I started this job.  There have been several
postings describing undercoat removal techniques but nothing about what was
applied after removal.  Help.
Joe L.