Re: TR main bearings

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Re: TR main bearings
From: Derek Harling <derek.lola@home.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 09:46:32 -0400
Jack

Someone with better knowledge than I can probably tell the full story - but
basically
Vandervell, Glacier and some Australian outfit (Australian Bearing Co?) are now
all owned by the
same company and small order runs (like any for our vintage cars) will get
farmed out to one or
the other depending on - oh - maybe the phase of the moon?

I was assured last year that as long as they are "trimetal" (which they all are
these days) they
should all be as good as one another - ie made to the same specs and standards.
Perceptions to
the contrary having the box read Vandervell is no longer necessary.

Experts?

Derek