Re: MG TC AXLE Broken

To: AMQJR@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG TC AXLE Broken
From: "Peter Mohr" <sciolto2@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 17:12:27 -0400
>Alex Quattlebaum asked .....
>I have an  MG TC and both front axles are cracked - anyone know of a
>source?

Try this for starters....

On similar set ups, we used to drill out the old axle from the flange and
have a GOOD machine shop make one from GOOD material and weld it through the
flange, into place. Cannot recall if they turned it after welding or before,
but was presumably heat treated afterwards. It was not a particularly
difficult task for the right person and you know then that the axle is as
good as you can get.

Never experienced any problems even when using far stickier tyres than ever
considered for a TC!  Can also modify dimensions to maximise opportunity to
use modern bearings which is another big plus.
Good luck

Sciolto2
RT1