Car & track personalities

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Car & track personalities
From: "Mark Palmer" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 18:12:54 -0000
The list has been pretty quiet -- everyone off racing.  I'm not usually one
to stir the pot, aside from tech stuff, but this may be fun so here goes (or
hit the delete key now).

It has always seemed to me that our favorite cars have personalities.  Each
make/model has an identity, an image, that most of us perceive.  Over the
past couple years I've begun to feel the same way about race tracks -- each
one has it's own unique ambiance.

So, the game becomes matching a car to a track: car & track having same sort
of "personality" for want of a better description.

My two entries are these:  if Lime Rock were a car, it would be a Lotus
Elite ... small, beautiful, exclusive, classy, graceful ... takes a while to
appreciate all it's subtleties.

If Summit Point were a car, it would be a TR3 (with megaphone exhaust) ...
rough, agricultural, gutsy, snorting, unrefined ... and a lot of fun.

Anybody?  Or is this just too weird?

Mark Palmer