VIR Reunion Weekend

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: VIR Reunion Weekend
From: Jeff Brown <jeffb49@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 05:31:57 -0700 (PDT)
For those of you from the East coast who haven't yet
sampled the new VIR, you really ought to make a point
of doing so.  Just returned from the Reunion Weekend,
and we had a ball!  Many thanks to Peter Krause for
his efforts Chairing this event, and making the
weekend run so smoothly, and to Harvey Siegal for his
vision and hard work in bringing this facility back to
life, in a way you just cannot imagine!!!

VIR is a 9-hour tow from Pittsburgh for us, but we are
making this a "must-do" event on our calendar; this is
a track which has been designed BY vintage racers, FOR
vintage racing, and we just could not think of hardly
a thing we would change...from the quick and easy
registration (nope, no funny "car passes" for those
"two cars only in the Paddock, please", no paper
tickets you have to hang in a plastic pass
holder--just a single wristband, a friendly wave on
the way in from the workers, and plenty of space for
all the crew cars you might have!), to the physical
plant itself (many before us have talked about the
beauty of this track, the well-designed buildings and
spectator viewing areas, and the covered--yes, I said
"covered", like with a big awning!!! False Grid),
through to the "Quiet Hour" on Sunday morning...these
folks have thought of, and solved every issue you
might have encountered during a vintage race weekend
experience!!!

Rodman Racing will be back at VIR next year!!!  (can
you tell this is our new favorite track???).

Jeff Brown
(1950 MG TD vintage racer #511)
(Crew for JJ Rodman, 65 Cobra 289 #509)

=====