Elva Mk.1B Info Wanted

To: "Vintage Race Digest" <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Elva Mk.1B Info Wanted
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 11:11:02 -0400
Among the "gems" I have uncovered during my search for a 1959 or earlier
Turner or Elva Courier is an Elva Mk. 1B.  (A step up from a Courier for
sure.)  Can any of you tell me anything about this model Elva sportsracer?
It has a Climax engine with SU's, not Webers.  Needs some fiberglass work,
but appears to be a decent car.  I just haven't been able to find anything
about them, or results of races other than one in a year's worth of issues
of Victory Lane.

How do they fair against other cars against which they race?  Are they
competitive?  How do they handle?  Any pros or cons you can tell me about?

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB & looking.