Re: Vintage race cars built today

To: <WSpohn4@aol.com>, <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vintage race cars built today
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:33:42 -0000
this is not a first!  there are 2 restored(uncertain if they are completed
or still under way) miller race cars that are comprised of the remains of
the same car.  imagine the 2 owners problems since they both may believe
they are restoring the miller that won at indy !  and i also have heard of a
miller that ran at indy as part of the miller team of 3 cars and there is a
degree of uncertainty as to wich car it is ....the winning car that year or
one of the other two that finished farther back?  these are very rare and
expensive cars they are restoring and are encountering these problems.   my
H-mod car is chassis #1 of 2 manufactured by my father.  it's a copy of an
elva MK6 chassis.  there is strong evidence that #2 has surfaced restored as
an elva MK6!  my father finds this hilarious!  but once again imagine what
would happen to that specific car if i were to see it and recognise my car's
twin chassis?  big bucks car becomes....a replicar.     these are real
stories, not "imagine if" stories.  yes these situations do arise.  and i'm
positive legal battles would follow once the need to determine who had the
"real" car needs to be established.   but we are discussing replicars and
recreations and restorations of period race cars....right?
i'm more interested in going racing.  you guys can hash this out.  if for
some reason i'm going to be excluded with my current car....i'll find
another and i'll be back.   my drive /desire to participate is such that
exception of 1 car will not deter my participation...it may slow down my
progress but never stop me(i'm an extremly motivated large person...lol!).
in the end the opinions will still be varied as to who shall be allowed to
do what where.  as for me?  i think i'm going hillclimbing this weekend.  a
healthy exchange of opinions is a good thing.  but i'm going out to exchange
my set of plugs....and do a pre-race check of my car.....' cause....i'm
going racing.

chuck.