some aditional glen stuff?

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: some aditional glen stuff?
From: "Charles F. Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:36:23 -0000
much to my suprise john fitch was staying at our motel! *hmm already guessed
what i did..huh?*     yes i asked him for his autograph and got to shake his
hand!   would have liked to had enough time to meet dan gurney but the line
was incredibly long and i was really quite tired from my race and was not up
to standing there that long.   you just never know who will pop up at these
events some times!  as a participant i find it a bit difficult to get to the
autograph locations and be polite enough to not want to butt into line so i
can get back to what needs attention on the cars or be helping a friend who
needs some assistance of one sort or another (so i usually do not get to
avail myself of the opertunity).   so it was really exciting to meet john
fitch as i was unable to get to" the legends speak " down in town when he
was one of the speakers.  this was just one more thing that added to the
"total" experience.   the restored WW2 B-17 flying over twice on sunday was
pretty cool too!  (it's from a near by air museum and they sell rides in it)
pretty neat...huh?   after strapping on some racing history you can go and
strap on some serious flying history too!  my kind of recipe for fun!

chuck.