Public service announcement: virus alert

To: Vintage Race List <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Public service announcement: virus alert
From: Tony Drews <drewst03@home.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 18:05:49 -0500
I haven't seen anything about this on any of the lists I belong to, so
thought I'd pass this along.  New virus, attacks Microsoft IIS web
servers, causes damage on client PC, spreads through outlook (haven't I
heard that someplace before?), and the scary part: you might get it just
by surfing to an infected web server!

>From CNN:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The FBI is investigating a new computer worm that
surfaced Tuesday and is considered so aggressive that computer security
experts urged people not to surf the Web until they have updated their
antivirus programs.

Links:
http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/internet/09/18/internet.attack/index.html
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.nimda.a@mm.html