coolant jacket-head question

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: coolant jacket-head question
From: Mark Haynes <haynes386@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 21:55:12 -0600
Here's a question for those of you with great experience in
irreplaceable parts...I was finishing up milling the new head for the
Spit and, just about at the point I was to stop, I noticed a surface
anomoly. It looked for all the world like I was about to break throough
into the cooling jacket. I checked my data, checked the thickness I
could see at the nearest line, and both said that I was fine. Took the
last pass -clean up, @.005", and pinholes appeared right where I noticed
the anomoly. Needless to say, I broke into the water jacket, It took
almost 2 years to find this head, does anybody know of a good and proper
way to save this head?
Mark Haynes
RMVR

///