Re: CART race yesterday

To: Tombread@aol.com
Subject: Re: CART race yesterday
From: lwdent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 08:50:24 -0500
As some of you may know, I was the first Chief Steward for John Bishop
at Taladaga very early on.

When John was forming IMSA he wrote me a note (I still have it ) asking
for any advice I might have on putting the race organization together.

One of my main comments was to hair a really good Chief Steward and give
him total command.  Establish policies at a board level, or at John's
level, the let a really good dictator if you will, run things.  Make the
stewards of the meet a strictly honorary group with NO say.  They were
somewhat necessary at that time for FIA reasons.

For several reasons I was with John only a very short period of time and
he hired my good friend Charlie Rainville to be Chief Steward.

He made the trains run on time.

Larry Dent

Tombread@aol.com wrote:
  Nobody likes a dictator, but he can