MGA Diff

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA Diff
From: "Roettjer, Phil" <Phil_Roettjer@maxtor.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 08:10:23 -0800
I am setting up a Quaife LS in an MGA rear end. None of the manuals that I
have looked at provide the pinion zero depth spec. They just refer to a
reference block for the "A", "B" or "C" distances. Since I do not have that
special block I am wondering if anyone out there has the actual dimensions.
I am also looking for the ring carrier bearing shims. The Moss catalog list
them as "not available". I believe they come in 2 thou increments up to
about 12 thou.

If anyone knows where a good procedure for setting this up is published I
would be greatly appreciate the pointer.

Thanks,
Phil Roettjer
Lotus 6 (with MGA rear end)