SimpleSevens Spring(?) Update!

To: lotus@se7ens.net, chapman-era@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: SimpleSevens Spring(?) Update!
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 05:00:56 -0800 (PST)
Well, Spring seems to be here in Michigan - sunny
skies, temps in the mid 50's (F) and my Seven's in the
garage with the radiator out while I look into timing
chain noises. Surely we'll have two feet of snow by
the time it's back together!

Meanwhile, you've all been busy sending new content
for SimpleSevens! (http://www.simplesevens.com) Here's
the rundown:

John Sexton (http://www.simplesevens.com/sexton.htm)
survives a harrowing storm down under, unfortunately
SB1706 sufferes severe damage. He sends another
vintage pic (Thanks!) along with his story... I've
offered to do what I can to help gather information
and bits to bring his Seven back to its previous glory
- email him and ask if you can help too!

Myles Winbigler
(http://www.simplesevens.com/winbigler.htm) shares a
detailed history and current photos of his 1960 S2
Seven

Rod Thonger (http://www.simplesevens.com/thonger.htm)
lists photos and details of his 1968 S3 twink along
with photos of his first love, a '62 Ford powered S2.

Clark Lance (http://www.simplesevens.com/lance.htm)
sends great vintage photos (my favorite!!) of his
dad's '63 Super Seven at my local course, Waterford
Hills, along with the original Lotus invoice - he's
trying to locate the car to bring it home again -
anybody seen it?

John Mahall (http://www.simplesevens.com/mahall.htm)
have I posted this one previously? Looks like a
familiar story... Jack's another lucky bloke with 2
Sevens in his garage now - the latest is SB1442 which
will hit the Vintage circuit this Spring.

John Buszard (http://www.simplesevens.com/buszard.htm)
from the Great White North (Montreal) Sends photos and
stories of his sharp '62 1600 powered Seven - says he
could be tempted to sell...

David Hiatt (http://www.simplesevens.com/hiatt.htm)
also offers that his Seven is on the market... have a
look at the sharp new photos he sent and check the
specs on that engine!

Lastly, Tony Bates sent info and photos on SB1761 this
weekend, but I'm afraid I hadn't the time to add his
content! I also have made contact with a graphic
artist who works mainly in the motor racing industry
in the UK. His fine airbrush work will be presented on
SimpleSevens, and he will soon offer to do highly
detailed "portraits" on a car by car basis... stay
tuned!

I'm still playing email tag with Gei Zantzinger, who
seems willing to share information for a biography
like Sy Kaback's (they were competing US Lotus Dealers
in the early 60's)

Please alert me if I have missed anything or if you'd
like your own Lotus Seven page added or updated -
always looking for those vintage Seven photos and
stories!

cheers all,
John Donohoe
SimpleSevens.com