Re: AMB Transponder

To: Mike and Shelley Ritz <micritz@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: AMB Transponder
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 22:02:04 -0500
At 06:24 PM 4/10/02 -0700, Mike and Shelley Ritz wrote:

>After two years of renting them, I'm ready to plunk down for an AMB
>transponder. Most of the vintage clubs on the left coast seem to have
>settled on this for a standard. (SOVREN being the latest)  Does anybody
>know of one for sale (preferably the battery powered one) , or know
>where they can be had for a deal? I think VARA used to sell them, but
>they have you call AMB now.

Check with your local SCCA Region. Here in the Midwest, Chicago and
Milwaukee Regions are jointly offering them for sale for about $260 (for
the hard wired version). The battery powered one is more expensive. They
have made these available to non-SCCA members as if they can sell enough of
them, they will get the AMB timing hardware and software for free.

Hope this helps.

Irv Korey
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58
Milwaukee Region SCCA