Re: Spitfire aluminum bell housings

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire aluminum bell housings
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 15:11:30 EDT
In a message dated 07/05/02 12:00:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
carlynneracing@charter.net writes:

> Do what a friend did for me last year on my Alpine: a carbon fiber bonded
> scattershield. Added 3.5 pounds, but a FMJ .308 round wouldn't penetrate
> it!!

Whoa!
My class is a little more civil than that - a nasty glance, perhaps a raised
finger (indicating we are number one!) when an improvident pass is carried
out, but we never expect to have to deal with artillery rounds!

Must be a tougher sort of racing down there in the States!

Bill