Datsun comp tranny & LSD for sale

To: autojumble@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net,
Subject: Datsun comp tranny & LSD for sale
From: Marc Sayer <marc@gracieland.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:02:14 -0700
I have a Datsun comp 5 spd for sale. It is the "middle close" 5 spd OD
gearbox originally sold by Nissan Motorsports for the Roadsters, the one
with the Porsche type steel synchros. This style gearbox was used by
racers in Roadsters, early Zs, and 510s, and is still very popular in
these cars for vintage racing. This unit was a working pull from a
street Z and is good condition. It has the optional long tailhousing
conversion. Originally this conversion was offered to fit the gearbox in
a 240Z, but many Roadster and 510 racers also used it because it
relocated the shifter a bit further back for better seating position and
easier reach. I have an "L series" bellhousing that can go with it, that
will fit the tranny to any Z or 510 engine. I do not have a Roadster
bellhousing but I can put you in touch with someone who does. This would
be a great gearbox for any vintage legal Roadster, 240Z or 510. I had
planned on using it in my 2.5 Trans Am car until they made trannies open
and allowed me to use a modern transmission. Asking $750.00 OBO + shipping.

I also have the driveshaft to fit this style (flanged as opposed to slip
yoke) gearbox into a 510, however it was built for the short tailhousing
so it would need to be shortened for this particular gearbox. Best offer
on the driveshaft.

Lastly I have an R190 comp LSD complete rear end with 4.44:1 R&P. This
was also sold originally by Nissan Motorsports. It was the optional
"big" or heavy duty comp rear end for Zs and 510s until the R200 came
out. The R190 was the OEM rear end on the Skyline in Japan. The unit was
a working pull from a street Z and should be ready to run, however it
also comes with a full rebuild kit and a spare LSD carrier. Period
correct for any 240Z or 510 vintage car and damn near bullet proof, and
it is a bit lighter than the R200. Parts are still available for these
units too. Best offer over $1000 for all the R190 stuff.

--
Marc Sayer
Journalist, Photographer, Dog Trainer (APDT member #062956)

Passions -
Great Danes, auto racing and fast cars, my wife

Dogs -
Gracie, Tank, Delilah, PJ, & the rescue dogs

Cars -
82 280ZX Turbo, 71 510 Trans Am vintage racer, 93 Ford E150 Tow/dog van

My Homepage - http://gracieland.org

Deaf Dane Rescue Homepge - http://gracieland.org/DaneRescue/

Any Dane at the races is a Great Dane!