That's what I love about Thickos!

To: <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: That's what I love about Thickos!
From: "Peter L. Krause" <pkrause@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:04:28 -0400
Years ago, Craig Bielat and I had the best dice at Watkins Glen with Craig
in his Elite and I in my trusty old "Yellow Dog" Fiat 850 Spider. He'd kill
me on the straights and I'd drive around the outside of him in the corners.
The straights and corners occurred in about equal numbers so we ended up
crossing the line at about the same time after thirty minutes of a heck of a
lot of fun! I doubt we broke 100 mph...

Unfortunately, Craig's (British & Thicko) upbringing shines through when the
FIRST car that he ever gets to go more than 200 mph in is Italian! Not only
that, his brains are so addled, he can't even spell A-L-F-A Romeo! I can't
wait to give him a ration when he gets back! Bill Lightfoot (Morgan driver
extraordinaire) went over 145 mph in the car on his check-out ride, too!

All you British car guys need is a little Italian spice, anyway...

-Peter Krause