Towing to Mt Tremblant

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Towing to Mt Tremblant
From: "Mark Palmer" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:08:32 +0000
Looking for advice from someone who tows to Mt Tremblant from the Toronto
area or anywhere in southern Ontario ...

I will be going to Tremblant in September, from Pennsylvania.  Planning on
taking I-81 to Canada, crossing over at Thousand Islands, then the 401 East.

>From 401, has anyone tried using Highway 34 North, crossing Ottawa River in
Hawkesbury, then 148 west to 323 north to St Jovite?  Or perhaps 148 east to
327 north?  Narrow? Hilly? Slow?  or OK?

Yes, I know I can go through Montreal and take 15 & 117 north, but that
looks longer and besides I'd like to avoid Montreal in late afternoon.

If some VARAC member could forward this tot he VARAC e-list I'd appreciate
it, I'm not a VARAC member so can't access the e-list.

Any comments/advice on routes 34/143/323/327 appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark Palmer