Re: Safety Gear - Hans Device Survey?

To: MHKitchen@aol.com
Subject: Re: Safety Gear - Hans Device Survey?
From: john.r.hildebrand@us.pwcglobal.com
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:27:44 -0700
I have purchased and used one this year.   It has not become common in
vintage racing, perhaps due to the idea that there are few accidents.
Although I never have been in an accident, after reading about several
serious accidents last year and early this year, I figured it was cheap
insurance against vehicle failure/accidents caused by myself or others.

I do not recall seeing any others at the Monterey Historics this year,
although I assume there were at least a few.

It is also a good excuse to upgrade your helmet.

It takes a while to become used to it, and mirrors are even more important,
as it limits how far you can turn your head.

Regards,
JRH
computer.