Re: Class III/IV receivers

To: mgvrmark@hotmail.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Class III/IV receivers
From: Billd13@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 19:52:21 EDT
I now have a headache! I have also been looking into this and will concur
there is no standard. One manufacturer's parts will not necessarily fit with
another's and they don't use the same terminology. My F150 factory hitch says
5000 WC and 7700 WD. I have a 7000 lb rated open car hauler trailer and have
been trying to get a couple of parts to change the WD hitch I currently hav
and it has been very confusing.

I have a BSME and am a licensed Professional Engineer and can say that there
is no standard and no real commonality other than they all start out with a
2" square receiver.

Bill Dalton