Re: Vintage Corvette

To: <AMCAPPY84@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Vintage Corvette
From: "John A. Rollins" <nobozos@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 06:13:48 -0500
Al:

I've cc'd the Corvette owners that I have in my SCCA Vintage participants
database.  As you will recall, to be eligible for the Florida Regions' SCCA
Vintage in the vehicle must be pre '73 and prepared as it would have been to
be raced in the year of manufacture.  Other organizations like SVRA and VDCA
who sponsor events in the southeast will want the same preparation level.
HSR, on the other hand, will let you do almost anything to the car and will
have a class for it.  I think it's safe to say that if you prepare the car to
SCCA's satisfaction it will be accepted by nearly all other organizations
(assuming the accept cars as "new" as the one you find).

Since you are looking for a 69-72 model, I've also posted this notice to the
vintage-race list and anyone with information relating to Corvette
preparation, those available for sale and meeting the above SCCA requirements
in particular, may reply to Al directly.

Good luck - let me know if I can help more.

*8o)

website:  http://www.netcom.com./~nobozos/