Fwd: Re: trailer aero question

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Re: trailer aero question
From: Derek <dereklola@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 13:32:58 -0800 (PST)
Brian Evans asked me to post this for him - but I can't
resist adding a couple of comments.

He mentions reduction of trailer generated wind noise. Wow.
Has anyone else ever heard trailer wind noise? Maybe his
Chevy van isn't as sound proof as my Dodge van was!

He also refers to presumed improvements at the front of the
trailer. Don't forget the aerodynamicist's comment that on
short bodies like our trailers whatever small gain you
might get at the front you loose at the (squared off) rear.

Over to Brian - who is generally right - damn him!