Re: Ford Pantera Race cars

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ford Pantera Race cars
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 21:21:42 -0500
Neil Karolek asked:

>I am looking to purchase an old Pantera Trans Am race car and was
>wondering
>if anyone would happen to know how to get in touch with Dick Lasselle
>who,
>(to the best of my knowledge), owns one of these unique cars.

I dont know Disk Lasselle, but I can tell you there were no Pantera
Trans Ams.  There were 13 Factory Group 4's built in the 1970s for
Euro Gruppo 4 rules (plus a number of Gruppo 3).  3 of these cars made
it to the US.  2 of them sold recently; the "Candy Car" and for want of
a better name, the "Warhol Car".  Alan Foster and Bill Hohnhorst of
San Diego owned the latter, and sold it to a fellow who is now campaining
the car in vintage classes.  If you need more information, contact POCA
(Pantera Owners Club if America).  They have a web site, and if you find the
Editors email address (Mike Drew), contact him.  He will tell you everything
you
need to know.

Pantera 200s droves in a couple of Le Mans.  But no, no Trans Ams.  Ever.

Shane Ingate in Maryland