PVGP

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: PVGP
From: Ralph Steinberg <ralph@cloverleaf-auto.com>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 07:13:29 -0400
There is still time, barely, to get you and your car listed in the program
at the PVGP. I would like to see another 100 VSCCA cars! To see who is
already listed and what group they are in you can check it out at
www.cloverleaf-auto.com click on the VSCCA/PVGP button
  I watched a special on the discovery channel the other day on F1 racing.
The piece about Monaco was very interesting. As they interviewed drivers
and others they all said the same thing, at all the race courses they
scream they must have run off room, gravel traps, special barriers and the
like. But yet almost to a man they all said that Monaco is one race they
would not miss.
  I have never been to Monaco and I sure as hell will never get there as a
driver but watching it on the tube  and watching films of old races and you
are watching the Pittsburgh Grand Prix. The PVGP has become the crown jewel
of vintage racing. No where is racing like this. No where is vintage racing
so close to what it was when the street circuits ruled. Watkins Glen,
Elkhart Lake, Those on the West coast and those across the pond. There are
a few reenactments of some of those races, Goodwood comes to mind, but none
are PVGP. Access to the cars and drivers, a true street course that was
still a city street hours before the race, parties, parades, car shows and
to top it off we raise money for some kids who really need our help. Not to
line the pockets of a race promoter!
  So come on out and drive the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix and take a
step backwards in time

Ralph Steinberg
President
Cloverleaf Auto Service Inc