Vintage tires

To: "Vintage race list" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vintage tires
From: "Bill Glanville" <mgbill@mgcarclub.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 14:47:42 -0400
 At Savannah a few weeks ago I wore out the Yoko 008's that I had been running
on my Midget. I purchased the car last spring & it was shod with these very
used Yoko 008RS's, previous owner thought I would get a weekend out of them but
I got 5 weekends from them. I know what my race group allows & have re-read the
Grassroot article on tires several times. Now my question is about tire wear.
The article notes that the Hoosiers had a lot of tread wear but were cheaper.
Would it be cost effective to go to the higher priced Dunlops or Avons? Or is
wear more dependant on driving style & skill? Also neeed some advice on
suspension changes when going to bias ply, looks like I'll need to change
camber. What are you Spridget guys running for tires & suspension geoometry?

Thanks

Bill Glanville
#191 Midget