Re: Pan Evac

To: JWoesvra@aol.com
Subject: Re: Pan Evac
From: Larry Dent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 11:20:42 -0500
JWoesvra@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/15/2003 12:19:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>
> > The pan evac uses pressure pulsations in the header to pull a vacuum on the
> >

> John,
>
> Variations of this system are not new and I don't think they are in violation
> of the spirit or letter of any Vintage organization.

Jack, don't think you have your head screwed on the right direction on
this one.

Something like this violates both the spirit and letter of the rules as
in the GCR of the period. Again, going back to my earlier note to the
group, show me where the good book says this is permissible.

Incidentally, the "spirit" of the rules do not count for anything in
proper rules enforcement.  It is what the rule says, NOT what someone,
anyone, thinks it really means to say.  More officials and competitors
have gone afoul of the "spirit" of the rules in past years than anything
else.  the "spirit" argument is usually used to justify an illegal or
out of specification part or system.

Larry Dent