New old slicks

To: vintage-race <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: New old slicks
From: Les Cannaday <les@classicdatsun.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:34:21 -0700
I am not sure if there is any interest or need for the following but I
certainly thought it better to offer here first and throw away if no
interest. After getting involved with vintage racing only about 3 years
ago we seem to have aquired many things we cannot use in vintage with
various car purchases. So in the interest of trying to maybe help
someone else I am wondering if there is a need for any REALLY  old
Slicks that are brand new. Obviously I would not think that they could
raced on but would be a great period correct tire for someone for show.
The first ones I only have 2 unfortunately and they are Firestones with
no real name or anything else to describe them except the following
R-181 and the size 10-22.5X14 they are new and 2nd set is a set of 4 and
they seem interesting as they are also Firestones but have the Super
Sport Indy name on them and are PTR167A 8.5-21.5X13 and are also brand
new.  I honestly do not know anything about slicks as we are required to
run DOT radials in our series the VSRG (vintage sedan race group) also
know as Bsedan.com. If you need these or need info please contact us at
the info below and I hope they can help someone.I understand these tires
could be about 20 years old? May also have a full set of Rains from this
period as well.
Thanks
Les
--