Great event

To: "vintage" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Great event
From: "Ted Rodgers" <rodgers356@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 08:21:16 -0700
We just returned from a wonderful long weekend of vintage racing.  The
inaugural Columbia River Classic at Portland International Raceway run by
SOVREN was the best event I've ever attended at Portland.  We shared the
facility with the All British Field Meet which displayed 600 cars, had a
great bbq on Sunday night and best yet a great three days of competitive and
safe racing.  Even the Pacific Northwest weather cooperated.

Everyone I talked with, including people whose primary interest was the
ABFM, corner workers, other competitors and fans all thought it was great
and can only get better.

For an event to go this well on its initial attempt is amazing and I
understand the sponsors have already signed up for next year.

Many thanks to SOVREN, Race Chairman Dick Buckingham and all the officials
and volunteers.  I'm already looking forward to next year.

Ted Rodgers