Re: Dwell and Points gap on a Formula Ford

To: "agendaguy" <agendaguy@hotmail.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dwell and Points gap on a Formula Ford
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 11:51:46 -0400
sounds a whole lot like either the point cam is horribly worn on the dist
shaft or the shaft is horribly worn in the housing.  either scenerio can
cause variation in gap and dwell.  time for a new dist. or rebushing the one
you have to get rid of the variations from inacurate tolerances.   once you
have achieved that, you can begin to follow the directions.    i see this
over and over in vintage cars let alone performance aplications in vintage
cars.   you have a great breathing head, cool set of the latest pistons and
the top scret cam and then you cannot time it to save your life because the
silly little distributor (the most miniscule item ..most overlooked) will
not allow you to utilise the other parts to their best ability.

chuck
"that darn orange saab"
BTW!  we will be doing "pest controll" at summit point next weekend!
the only car you can smell two turns before you pass it!    (be
nice...please?) LOL!   :)