Re: Tire Recommendation - tramlining

To: JWoesvra@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tire Recommendation - tramlining
From: borrani@att.net
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:23:22 +0000
I define tramlining as when the tires follow every rut and groove in the
roadway.  When I first switched from radials to bias ply, I couldn't believe
how darty it was.  The car would change lanes under braking for Turn 2 at
Pacific Raceways.  Giving the car a bit of toe-in helped a lot, but man, what
a ride!  Even with toe-in, those bias plies hate driving on a rutted road.
The radials did not have this tendency.

Steve Schaeffer
Seattle, WA