Last Week's Autoweek

To: vintage_race <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Last Week's Autoweek
From: Mike Jackson <grandwazoo@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 19:43:28 -0400
Ok, so I'm behind in my reading.  If you still have it around, grab last
week's Autoweek and read the article about Jaguar and the Select Edition
team and their participation in a few selected vintage events around the
nation.

Read and form your own opinion about the counterpoint view they
published from Bob Snodgrass.  Bob, of Brumos Porsche,  is a major
supporter of both HSR vintage and professional Porsche racing.  He also
races vintage Porsches himself.  Brumos is reportedly the largest
Porsche dealer in the nation.  He also has well known professional
drivers piloting his cars at some events.

Bob worries about the impact of Jaguar supplying funding to the Donvan
Jag team to re-finish, prep and bring their two e-types to these  races
driven by the same guys that have driven them for years at events all
over the east half of the US.